Sunday, February 13, 2011

Valentine's Day....For Real???



Well, I'm back!!! Hurray after a few days but I have been extremely busy with my college assignments. I can't believe that my life has return to its hectic ways after a short break!!! Anyway, I am not supposed to be updating my blog often nowadays as I am SUPPOSED to be studying as I promised my parents but I just feel like writing randomly stuff every now and then thanks to my brain that thinks up all weird thoughts. I am partly studying now as I am supposed to be doing some research for my moral assignment when it hit me hard that Valentine's day is TOMORROW!!!I almost forgot about it but frankly I do not believe in those whole love thing because the is no prove whatsoever!!! I'm sorry to those believers reading this but I am honestly voicing my opinion as I stopped believing in love thanks to a certain incident that happened several years back but I'm not going to talk about it now.

Firstly, what is Valentine's day???And why do lovers confess their love on this special days???Actually, valentine's day isn't actually a day of love but in history it was based on Valentine of Terni been martyred during the persecution under Emperor Aurelian so why are we celebrating love when it is a sad occasion???I still do not understand but there are other legends stated too so here are a few.

1. St Valentine was persecuted as a Christian and interrogated by Roman Emperor Claudius II in person. Claudius was impressed by Valentine and had a discussion with him, attempting to get him to convert to Roman paganism in order to save his life. Valentine refused and tried to convert Claudius to Christianity instead. Because of this, he was executed. Before his execution, he is reported to have performed a miracle by healing the blind daughter of his jailer.
2. Valentine as a priest who refused an unattested law attributed to Roman Emperor Claudius II, allegedly ordering that young men remain single. The Emperor supposedly did this to grow his army, believing that married men did not make for good soldiers. The priest Valentine, however, secretly performed marriage ceremonies for young men. When Claudius found out about this, he had Valentine arrested and thrown in jail.

Well, that doesn't sound very nice at all!!! I mean we are technically celebrating the suffering of others!!! This is soooo complicated but why did Valentine's Day fall on the 14 of Febuary instead of any other days???? Moving on, it is stated that Saint Valentine's day was the day that birds find their mate but birds don't mate at that time in England!!!! I guess I will celebrate Happy Single Valentine's day by myself while watching romantic movies rather than to look for my soulmate!!! I know that I sound bitter but I am over Valentine's Day for couples so I guess I will just be my own Valentine.
So, I better start writing my love letter and adress it to myself. Anyway, Happy Valentine's day to those of you who have found your love!!! Have a great day and here's a little something to start your day of love!!!And for those who aren't enjoying this occasion well here's a little something for you too!!! Enjoy and till next time!!Look at those pictures on top!!! Enjoy!!!


END OF STORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment