Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Phantom of the Opera=Gerard Butler???

I actually had forgotten about the Phantom of the Opera after watching it in 2004 and I actually loved the songs in the musical...I remembered today and it was so weird when I heard the original soundtrack and the recent adaptation of the Phantom of The Opers as it was so different... I have to say that Sarah Brightman, the older Christie has a much better voice that Emmy Rossum in terms of vocal capability as her voice is stronger and more compelling... Anyhow, I enjoyed the entire songtrack of the recent soundtrack due to the music arrangement...But the one who impressed me the most was Gerard Butler whom sang perfectly that I was still shocked that he could sing well...Well, I saw his picture and I didn't expect him to sing that well...He plays the recent Phantom of the opera and I think he was the most convincing actor in the entire musical...Honestly, I felt the sadness and pain that the phantom was supposed to feel inside him...

But the most disappointing part was the actor of Raoul played by Patrick Wilson as he wasn't exactly how I had pictured Raoul...I found myself liking the phantom compared the hero in the story and I thought that his voice wasn't as good as Gerard Butler but he was overall okay... I actually was rooting for Christie to end up with the Phantom but I guess it shows that good looks do play an important part in love too...Honestly, all movies seem to have a really handsome guy who ends up with a pretty girl!!!

I guess that I am a little soft in the heart but I can't help it...The songs are really good and better than most songs this year... Here are some of the songs featured in the movie.... I hope there are some true music listeners who appreciate these songs...











If you haven't watched this musical yet, what are you waiting for??? It's worth a try because it was rather spectacular and I loved the book...I read this as my English Literature book in High School and I wondered if it was real...I guess no one will ever know the truth...

END OF STORY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment