Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Oscars:Part 1

>

Anyway, I'm back again after a short break, thanks to my brain juice flow that suffered a major clot due to my small brain size. As you can see from the picture above, yes that golden award thing that is blinding my eyesight just for staring at this screen is an Oscar award and I'm pretty sure most of you must be wondering why that picture is up there and what am I going to write about today???? Well, for those of you who are oblivious to the title and picture above for unexplainable reasons, allow me to explain... I am going to talk about the Oscars today!!! HURRAY!!! It's kind of a big thing right now for various reasons and here are a few that I could think of.

1. The dresses worn by the female celebrities(For the ladies)
2. The award giving ceremony(Both male and female)
3. The Suit worn by the male celebrities(For males)
4. The reactions of the winners(Like Gywneth Paltrow when she was speechless)
5. The hosts

Coming to think about it, allow me to briefly explain about the hosts this year. That is the beautiful Anne Hathaway and the charming James Franco as seen in the picture below.



They were chosen based on the star qualities and they remain the rising stars of this generations!!! They were hoped to entertain everyone with a fresh Oscar celebration rather than the usual older host so we will have to keep an eye on them throughout the entire night then.Now, let's discuss several of my favorite categories in the Oscars. First is the Best movie of the year.Here are the nominations.
1.Black Swan
2.The King's Speech(Also the most nomination for this year with 12)
3.The Fighter
4.The Social Network
5. Inception

Personally, I would hope that Black Swan wins as I loved that movie so much!!! It has such a beautiful plot with a darker side and the twist is so exciting to me!! I don't understand why the Social network was even nominated as I understand that Facebook is a big thing since last year but honestly, why bother making a movie based on it??? Inception was a good movie with a surprising ending but I doubt that it deserves an Oscar at all as it wasn't the best movie that I'd watched. Many are predicting that the King's Speech might win so we'll see.



Next, we have the Best Actor and here are a few names.

Javier Bardem, 'Biutiful'
Jeff Bridges, 'True Grit'
Jesse Eisenberg, 'The Social Network'
Colin Firth, 'The King's Speech'
James Franco, '127 Hours'

Wow!!!The host is nominated and let's see if he wins as the last time that a host had won and hosted at the same time was a really long time ago. I'm betting that Colin Firth will win as his acting in the movie was really strong and it was about time that he won an Oscar anyway so GO Colin!!!



And now the category that I will be waiting for. The Best Actress award!!! Here are the names of the nominees.
Annette Bening, 'The Kids Are All Right'
Nicole Kidman, 'Rabbit Hole'
Jennifer Lawrence, 'Winter's Bone'
Natalie Portman, 'Black Swan'
Michelle Williams, 'Blue Valentine'

I am rooting for Natalie Portman as her acting was really super in the movie!!! I mean she totally dedicated herself to that role and she lost a lot of weight just to play that part!!! It's about time for her to recieve one anyway so I will be reallly surprised if she didn't win it!!! Go Natalie!!! I do hope that Oscar curse does not fall on her though as she is really happy at this moment with her engagement and pregnancy!!!



Anyhow, that's all for now!!! Stay tuned for part 2 of this story!!!
END OF PART 1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment