Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Oscars:Part 2

Anyway, I'm back and let's begin with the previous subject that I was writing about yesterday. The wonderful Oscars!!! Here's a little glimpse of the award as that is the closest we will ever get to it.



So, we ended yesterday with the best actress award and now let's continue with the best supporting actress. Here are the nominees list and boy does it look tough this year.

The Field: Amy Adams, “The Fighter”; Helena Bonham Carter, “The King’s Speech”; Melissa Leo, “The Fighter”; Hailee Steinfeld, “True Grit”; Jacki Weaver, “Animal Kingdom.”

I am unable to support any of them as all of them are great actresses and deserve the award but maybe Helen Bonham Carter might steal the award as she has been in the acting industry and she has shined in many of her roles so far!!! I love Amy Adams as she is so beautiful. I never forgot her acting in Enchanted and she looked so perfect for the role so I can't decide on this award. Next, we have the best supporting actor and here are the nominees.



1. Christian Bale, 'The Fighter'
2. John Hawkes, 'Winter's Bone'
3. Jeremy Renner, 'The Town'
4. Mark Ruffalo, 'The Kids Are All Right'
5. Geoffrey Rush, 'The King's Speech'

I am rooting for Christian Bale as he has dominated in every role that he has plays so far and an actor like him is rare to find as he completely emerges himself into the character that you find yourself rooting for him no matter what.

Next, we have the most anticipated award...or not. The Best Director award and last year was a shocker as James Cameron did not win it despite the support of many and frankly I wasn't a fan of Avatar. I preferred Titanic as I was crying towards the end which is good in a sad way. This year the nominees are



Darren Aronofsky, 'Black Swan'
Joel Coen and Ethan Coen, 'True Grit'
David Fincher, 'The Social Network'
Tom Hooper, 'The King's Speech'
David O'Russell, 'The Fighter'

Well, I am not much of a fan towards directors as I just watch movies without caring about the person responsible for the directing but I bet many of us are the same as me. Who looks up the director after watching a movie unless you are a huge fan of the movies so I can't decide on this part too. I guess we will find out tomorrow then!!! I can't wait to find out the results and I do hope that the celebrities dress to impress as I love watching the fashion on the red carpet. Hehe!!! I am so excited right now!!!
Well until next time....I will be rooting for my favorite stars so hope you are watching too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment